Did you know that there are extra sound effects processors hidden in the nooks and crannies of Propellerhead’s Reason software?
For example, on the Kong, there are a series of unique effects (transient shaper, ring modulator, rattler, and more) that appear like they can only be used within the Kong. But actually, you can route any instrument through a Kong to take advantage of the effects!
Or that you can use the Pulveriser and tremolo or a compressor? Or that The Echo makes a damn good overdrive?
Watch the video below to see a selection of some of the best hidden and non-traditional effects nestled within Reason (affiliate link). The secret to unlocking all of these awesome effects loaded into Reason revolves around its creative routing options.
Here’s a whole other group of suggested effects in Reason to play with once you get bored of what’s in the video! These were suggested by Loque (Soundcloud link).
* Limiter, Overdrive, Tube and so on
* Frequency (pitch) Modulation
* Has a FM and AM input on the backside ^^
* And some kind of stereo spread (not the best, but yea, it is there…)
* Comb Filters
* chorus and delay are really good
* The filters including comb and Formant
* Bunch of audio modulation…
And a few others:
* Alligator as a band splitter
* Often ppl forget how many modes the Scream4 has including a LoFi and RM which sound very good
* Neptune as a pitch shifter
* Radical Pianos resonator
* BV512 as a frequency shifter (ok, sounds quite bad, but its there and make some happy accidents…)
* Neptunes pitch shifter (yea, well, same as BV512
* All the many RV7000MKII reverb, delay, spring, convolution,… modes. Such a little device with so much power inside. Happy accidents with the spring reverb and modulation…
From a Frustrated Producer in a Ragtag Bedroom Studio to Major Placements on TV Earning $1,000s!
My name is Evan, and I've been making music since around 3rd grade. I'm from San Diego, California, but I've lived in Washington, DC for the last 20 years.
While I still have a full-time day job, I have created systems that have allowed me to produce dozens of songs a year in my spare time.
My songs have been on Netflix, TV shows like the 90 Day Fiance, an award-winning indie film, and NPR’s “All Thing Considered.” They've also been streamed millions of times.
In addition to being a music producer, I am passionate about teaching people how they can make professional-sounding music and earn money licensing it, all in their spare time.
Thousands of musicians, like yourself, have trusted me to guide their musical journey. My YouTube videos have been watched nearly a million times. And my story has been in Forbes, Side Hustle Nation, and the Side Hustle School.